Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pasta Perfect Day


So as a way to grieve over my poor performance during the stupid fyp presentation, I went out for some fresh air in Ipoh. Revenged my way through a quarter chicken at kenny's and discussed why the prices of western cuisine meals are way more expensive than let say..krom luang buffet? Maybe its branding, maybe its marketing, I didn't really give a hoot. From my observation, kenny's is way more expensive than secret recipe. And who else..? Still haven't had the chance to try delifrances' meals yet. But yea, dome would probably top them all off. And TCB serving proportion are too small for a grown person of 22. Yikes!

Anyways..headed out to the supermarket for our usual stroll and decided to finally prepare some pasta loving concoction for gc. The basics, because he is pretty basic, just want the pasta, sauce, and thats it. No need for mushrooms or olives, or salted pieces of smoked ham. So the meditation part begun when I was in the kitchen during the twilight hours chopping up my carrots and tomatoes. Lucky for me, there was plenty to go around as I was interruptedly joined by late-nite birds.

The main point of this draggingly long story, was that I felt much much muchoo more happier to see gc chomp his way down to the very last piece of cheese coated pasta, in which he did in practically three stages (makan tutup balik, makan balik rehat..you get it) owh I cannot resist to add that he even got me to jot down the recipe and the how-to for the simple meal..

"Nape nak recipe?"
"Nanti leh buat sendiri"
"Nape nak buat sendiri?"
"Sebab time tu awk da dkat swiss"

And it felt so good, that I am still elated. Everything that is good comes from Him and only Him.

I am thankful, and I love you for it.

9 comments:

Jay said...

dap dap pasta dap

-dari pelantak pasta terhormat

bijoux said...

owh time kaseh cik jengga. awk mmg pelantak setia dan terhormat skali lam list ku. keh keh.nnti tgu korang tringin2 pasta balik aku wat 2nd batch plak ye. kali ni black pepper n tomatoes!

Juliah & Faridah said...

hi, first time baca ur blog :)

ooooohhh pasta..
sedap nye nampak.

selalu buat yg clear pasta sure tak jadik.. apa rahsia nye eh?

bijoux said...

uhuk..hey there haariz's mommy!! kte kalo buat yg clear or ala2 carbonara tu kte pkai prego cheese n herbs, add some milk and that should suffice, kalo tade milk kte add mushroom soup je.bg best sket, add some gouda cheese or parmesan et voila!

Anonymous said...

tempek la resepi pasta sedap nih kt sini plssssssssss

Anonymous said...

wah kin galmernye pasta ko... lsat choice aku kat sini if there's no nasi..heheh..thuB.

Shahira I. said...

weh kak,nak pastaaaaaaaaa!! aa ngidam pasta plak dah..ni sebab aka paste gamba pasta la neh :P

bijoux said...

thuB tu sape ye?aa..will post the recipe as soon as i can,ala2 carbonara+cheese la ek.stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

ala...aku pn mau itu pasta...tamo resipi..nak ko wat tuk aku.hehehe (zu)