Friday, November 10, 2006

A Tangible Mix(up)


I am supposed to be free. But I am not. I was supposed to have presented my FYP (final year project) to a panel of material smart adjudicators cum examiners. I am pretty stressed out about it. Where should I start? The day is Friday, 820am and I rush off to block 18 to setup my presentation arena. The darned pc won't let me in. Username? Password? To make things worse, there was no saviour of "Login to Workstation Only" box for me to tick. I am late, sweating and the next thing I know I am off to block 17, room 11. Its one of the PC padded room, long and dark. The USB port works smoothly, I exhale. Calm myself as I go through my slides for the trillionth time. This is it. In 30 minutes it's all history and just a bad bad dream. I had a mile long list of things I am going to do in celebration after the presentation.. return library books, post overdue raya cards, burn telly series..feast with him and get some propper sleep..etc etc

The next thing I know, my SV runs into the room and in a determined tone says, "it seems like your examiner has no intention of coming for the presentation, I have nothing to say other than your presentation is cancelled" What?? You can't possibly cancel a FYP presentation??!! My head screams. Yeah, it was at that moment did I cry and wail so horrendously in my heart that I could not make out the look of my face, when real salty tears did come arolling down these cheecks and I was forced to tell a lab technician what went down. What went down? Nothing. Nada.

By the time they got a hold of the examiner and I dried my face from all the sweat - yes sweat, we shifted to another alien room and this time the USB wasn't up and running. So the time was 940 am, and the lecturers had a seminar at 10am, a pot luck compulsary event at 11 am, and another board meeting at 230 pm. I am postponed, and so I would like to say the same for my spirit and enthusiasm which I believe I have had endless supply to when it came to presentations. But this time, I wouldn't really care how the presentation turns out to the next time I'm scheduled for mine.


No comments: