Sunday, February 24, 2008

TwentyFour on the 24th


I'm a solid 24 now. Countless mistakes, resolution and even more empty promises made. How will I change as the numbers accumulate? I often wonder.

I've decided that the only way to go is to look forward. I should stop thinking about what others think of me, and if it mattered that much I should care more for what my Creator thinks of me. Relevation. I need to learn to be more kind to people. Not everybody is as I want them to think, react, or believe. I want to be around those who love me. Love has always been a problematic area of my life. I came to realize that its not them, it is usually me. I've made amends with someone from my past, I think. I am happy for that.

Who am I today, and what have I achieved?

I am an engineer, still on the road to discovery of the world in full bloom.
I am a daughter, away from my family, in search of what I can claim as mine.
I am human, still in need of your companionship to keep me sane.
I am a lover, learning to love, like you and for all that,
I have You to be thankful to.

Syukur. Alhamdulillah.
***
Thank you to those who dropped a note and made this day a truly wonderful day to remember. Danke.

3 comments:

butterbrownie said...

happy 24th bijoux ! yes a solid number..its a lil too late though..hope its ok ;)

Kunaz said...

"I should stop thinking about what others think of me, and if it mattered that much I should care more for what my Creator thinks of me"

btul tu kin. i've experienced this thing for years. berbelas tahun cuba jaga diri dari mulut n pandangan manusia ttg diri sendiri, sentiasa rasa x cukup ape yg kte buat kin sbb manusia x pernah puas dari cari kesilapan org.

once ko dh berjaya set mind ko utk x care psl org n care pandangan Allah je kat ko, insyaallah ko akan rasa tenang and bahagia gila kin.

hepi belated besday again kin. mmmuahss!!

bijoux said...

hey nadia: thank you =) late is just as good!!

kunaz : tu la y aku nak kejar. get good vibes from ur blog. suke. thank you for ur msg here. aku rase girang ni. haihh. caiyok!! hepi belated beday to you too babes!! muahx