Saturday, April 10, 2010

The generalization bug

I brought a bunch of dvds with me to the field in case that I may be stranded here longer than expected. As it is happening now. Let's summarize and generalize and be cruel to the following movies :

The invention of lying
Script : Kind of cruel and dry, it didn't need to be smart since the movie is about a community that could not tell a lie. And that there was a special guy who did tell a lie and he tried to coax the heroine into liking him.
Storyline : Interesting, but it didn't hit home run with me. Kind of bland. Like something you'd make up if you were in 5th grade english composition class. Or something.
Verdict: Other than check out Jen Garner, and her pretty figure, it is a so-so movie. Passes the time well.

Young Victoria
Script : Love love the characters in this. Wish I could see more depth to each character. But then, someone might hit me with a history book or something. Hehe. Emily Blunt played her role beautifully!
Storyline : Had all the important events in Victoria's life highlighted. We could see how she was brought up and her slowly digesting the power she has as Queen.
Verdict : I'm a sucker for epic history movies, don't you know. I love this one. Go see if you want to understand how hard it was for women to make it this far in the society.

Grey Gardens
Script : Drew Barrymore acts in this one as oh I forgot the name Edith Bouvier. I think. It is set in the 70s and she is brought up posh and well off. And their main objective was to marry her off. The script is well writ and I was so happy when in the end Edith finally exploded to her mom. Who I believe is the main reason why she could not live her life happily.
Storyline : Based on historical events, takes us behind the family drama of the women who dated the president's brother.
Verdict : Watch only if you can muster that much storyline and events. Its a bit heavy and slow for my usual liking.

Up in the Air
Script : very modern, very now. I like the young employee's character and got spunk!
Storyline : Interesting career expose (Avec accent a gare) Don't know how to make the other fonts come out. We can see how this movie got its critical acclaims for.
Verdict : Please go watch. Get ready for the ending. Haha, actually I guessed that the women was someone's wife since she wasn't so at edge about the relationship she had with george clooney.

Enough of re-capping. I want to watch nine now. Will jot down how I feel about that one later.
Schuz!

4 comments:

Diha said...

i watched the invention of lying but only found myself waking up to the credits n my girls talking about guys.if possible i want to live in that world, where u can tell what lies in your heart and so that i will know what's behind the other person's mind too.

kin i like your clothes/shoes treasures.bukak garage sale sepam.
(ok yg ni x berkenaan tapi sebab da komen make nak cakap pjg2)

oh annexe ade exhibition.xtau cun ke tak but a friend of mine is exhibiting.gocekidaut.

bijoux said...

izdihar.
kenapa kamu mengarang di sini. hehe. kau boleh survive kot dunia y blunt dan truthful. aku masih hidup dlm dunia y covered up. sgt childish.

kasut ape y kau nak beli. shoes aku cuma satu - crox pepel itu. mane ade aku tarok gamba baju aku sini. ko ni merewang betul =p

Diha said...

ashratul,aku sgt jujur and live by the book so yes i can accept bluntness.

size kasut aku agak pelik,7.75...
7 or 7.5 ketat,8 longgar la plak. ko tak letak gamba baju tapi ape yg ko jumpe online membuatkn aku salivating dan mahu membeli

bijoux said...

kau ibarat menyuruh aku buat garage sale dgn gambar2 dari internet je hehe.