Saturday, April 03, 2010

Climbing


I had a blast choosing the title for this post. Like, seriously. Keep your jelly beans in a jar. One of the greatest memories I ever got from rock climbing would be the rapport I had to build with F. He has basically two layers to his character build. And I am always treading in between the first and second layer it seems. His first layer would be the nonchalant mannerism in which he carries himself around, practically not caring about a thing. And the second layer would be the total 180 of that..totally caring to the tiny weeny detail. And in the core? Would be his mantel, that usually shows itself when I bawl myself to near death in front of him and he has to tell me to stop crying with brute force (mcm hulk).

When we rock climb, I usually get into fits of sudden spurs of frustration especially when I can't seem to find my way up the route. His first layer reaction would be, " push up with your right leg and reach for the yellow slab above you.." Still hot with frustration I'd yell something stupid and dumb down the wall, pretty sure that other climbers can hear. His second layer reaction would be, "ok baby try a little lower, maybe you can get the light blue hold and then kick off your right leg..?" He still wants to help. By then (most likely 5 solid minutes not moving) I'd lost all sense of hope and just hang onto the top rope while I gather myself together.

We'd usually fight for another 3-4 stumps along the way. And when I do make it all the way to the top, I'd be flushed with happiness and am so darned proud of myself that when I reach the bottom I'd be a tad embarrassed with the emotional baggage I actually gave him from above the 20m wall. Macam stupid kan? Hahahaha.

Yeah, we both love climbing together. It is a game of trust.

Yesterday I got scared that he was fooled into this relationship and asked him via text whether he knew I was as emotional..er.. as passionate as I stand before him now. Of course, being his first layer reaction, he gave me a convincing "Totally knew you that way".

No comments: