Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bab-Ul Yaman

One of the most interesting places you could go to when in Sana'a is the Bab-Ul Yaman. Which literally means door of Yemen. It houses over 130 mosques within its premises and is protected by UNESCO. In the Masjid Al-Jamek, you can see the restoration work being done.

My mum and I love this place due to its shopping. We don't shop like shop shop, but its more of finding great knick knacks in each small shop and trying to convert the prices and bargain our dollars worth. Some of the things we get here are al-Quran, jubahs, scarves, the yemeni knives..

I personally like Yemen, if it wasn't for my dad who's work brought him and the rest of the family there, I wouldn't even take the chance to just head out to Yemen. It has really rich history and culture which is something I look for every time I travel.

No comments: