Saturday, May 17, 2008

Super Puma

30 mins by chopper. 48 lbs luggage. 140 lbs body weight (like are you serious?). A whole handful of people in coveralls. Yellow. in color.


I was excited as pea ready to pop out of a damned pod. But I had to contain it all inside. Who am I kidding? They all knew that it was my first time, especially when the safety instructor guy in the briefing room bluntly asked if there were any first timers going onboard that morning, 7am to be exact. And to make things worse, I was travelling alone. Crap. I remembered how scared silly I was when I had to travel alone from KL to Dhaka. And I was in 6th grade at that time. 10 years ago.


The helly was a loud and noisy one. It was pretty hot in it too. Luckily the vent was working and I had cool air jetting on my face throughout the trip. I didn't sit next to the windows, as they were safety exits and it was my first time travelling on one. So I couldn't really see where we were heading, but could witness the other passengers fall asleep one by one. I was drowsy as on drugs, but too excited+sad+worried at the same time that I couldn't fall asleep.


We finally landed on the all famous helideck.


And then all I could think of was how hard it would be for me to climb down the stairs with my big blue bag.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha. Was yours the biggest? and heaviest by 48lbs?

Along said...

so how did u climb down the stairs?

hehe.

bijoux said...

penance: yes, mine was the heaviest. i thought it was a girl thing, but it turned out to be a SLB thing wakaka..

along: redah jek. kate pure2 macho. tp mase turun tu hampir2 terseliuh gak a. ciskek bedebah toll.

Unknown said...

it was a girl thing.

bijoux said...

ssh ckp ngn org degil ni tahu.