Saturday, December 29, 2007

Part Ketiga




The name of the location that I got sent to was the Frac location. They do a lot of fracturing (kasi retak2 skek wellbore tu, so minyak senang nak flow.. and lots of other things). Kauther. What a sucky base. I am so glad that my segment is not based there. Fahud is 100 times better. At least the rooms are more comfortable for learning, and living in.




In Kauther, I stayed in a boxcar container and it had 2 bunker beds in it and en suite toilet. It was rather stuffed and I pity my girlfriend (Nadwah) there who is based in Kauther since she is in the fracturing segment. So here I was on my day shift (6am- 6pm), happily saying hi (hi!) to the wellhead, and master valve. I was getting along pretty well aside from the fact that is was my 1st day of menses and I was pretty much ready to faint any minute from the sore fatigue I was going through. 4 o’clock came by.

The company men (client person, tuan punye well) came by and had a meeting with my supervisor. We continued rigging up the equipment and what not. And all the sudden he came out of the meeting room saying that the Kauther location had to go on standby for a week. 7 fat bloody days. I was running out of time for my school. ( In other words, I can’t wait 7 more days). I had to get to another job location.


Apparently the frac unit had 3 incidents prior to my arrival. All 3 involved trainees. They were pretty serious incidents too.

#1, a 1.5 tonne bag of chemicals fell down while the crane was trying to move it in midair. Luckily the trainee had no serious injury. He was in the field with me today.


#2, a BOP (something really big, tall, and pure metal) fell onto a trainee while she was trying to wait for the crane or something, now she is nursing her broken leg in Thailand.

#3, a trainee got some dangerous chemicals in one of his eyes and I heard that he is slowly gaining sight.



So Kauther is a pretty hot location recently. So I guess what the clients are doing is in their best interest.

So now, I will be sent to another location. (I only stayed on location in Kauther for my 12hour shift).

Back to Fahud.. and more unpredicted news~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shikin, mane update personal? kau tulis kat blog lain eh? kau ade blog rahsie eh? apesal kau tulis benda2 yg begini aje.

hehe. tadelah. nice to know u're doing fine and not get hit by a BOP or whatever. come back lah cepat. i'll get your things ready to leave :P

Anonymous said...

kin, be strong. take care. wait! apsal xde gamba hidupan2 kt situ?

Kunaz said...

eeeee.... takotnye injured2 camtu. ko wat pape pon ingat pesan raihan di dalam nasyidnya yg berbunyi "dimulakan dgn bismillah~~~~ disudahi dgn alhamdulillah~~~" lalalaaaa

bijoux said...

tak bukan die ha ha : aku tade blog rahsie, tp aku tak byk sgt nak cerite dgn dunie la skrang. sori.

ina : itu la die hidupan di situ. hahaha.. im taking it nice and easy here thanks =p

kukunaz : ye aku selalu malas2 kan diri sbb takot haha. alhamdulillah aku sehat aje deh