Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Part I. Journey to Fahud

I spent 5 days in the hotel and had no clue to what I was supposed to do. Of course that made my mom all worked up. Luckily I still had the email sent to me from Muscat. But then it was Thursday, the weekend here. Even for slb. After I met with the PR in Muscat office, he told me to get a bus to Fahud. Like seriously, a local bus? Is it safe?
I gave it the benefit of the doubt and acted on my own episode of lonely planet with 2 huge bags. Haha. Stupid. The bus broke down 35km to Fahud and it was me and this other slb guy stranded in the middle of nowhere ( I was superbly shocked and scared silly - any minute it would get dark.. and thenn??) haha. We were rescued to the base. ( I'll update more pictures soon, janji!)
Some handphone pics of the food I had in the hotel.

Buffet Lunch everyday. Oh sedap sangat morrocan hummous ke ape nama die. Like pan fried really good fish. I had it everyday. And all the other stuff. Like weird stuff. Cheese in spinach sauce, mutton this, mutton that, mushroom and beef ape tah. All very indian-arab cuisine. Loads of veggies I love!


I ordered Mediterranean squid.. ingt sotong goreng, mcm sotong goreng tepung. Haha. Mcm lauk sayo jek. Lawok tol.


My most favourite dish. Breadded hummous again. Gemok jgn tak gemok.. gemok..

I'll update later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

shikin. rase mcm bace blog org lain.
takpe mari layan email2. but oh crap, it's weekend already HERE IN MALAYSIA. haha. so i don't get to use the outlook thingy lah :P i had fun in the office btw. My partner engineer is super sweet and cute. Next week i'll try to figure out how old she is.

bijoux said...

knp ko rs bc blog org len eh pen? lain sgt ke aku type. haha. ok. weekend ke tak weekend. tetap sengal weh. tak larat dah. nnti da tahu kongsi dgn aku okeh.

Jay said...

Mediterranean squid itu sgtlah Mediterranean! tak medi ar sotong goreng tepung! wahahahha

btw ur dishes look oh soooo nice! sgt beruntung kamu! besnyer mkn ikan sodap2 hari2

Anonymous said...

ok this is exactly 7 days after my last comment. I still didn't ask her how old she is. But she wears retainers n that's shomellll.

bijoux said...

helo lovely people..
aku tak sempat duduk pon da kne g job lain. haih. so much i wanted to update. tp net la wengong.

retainers? i once fell for a boy who had those.