Saturday, July 13, 2013

The quiet goodbye..


It will get better.
It will hurt less.
It will end soon, He said, repeatedly. Was anyone listening?

The birds hid in their nests as the sun rose that morning. I was running late. 
In all honesty, I did not know what I was looking for. What the hell does closure look like?
I felt liberated. No dead weights. Just me and my emotions. A car full. I planned on opening the windows as I circled the same road. Hoping the emotions would flutter out the window. Lost.

What is the purpose of this life? And the sudden quicksand I have stumbled upon. 
Misery.

I have to let you go, now. To roam the worlds as you wish. Leaving me behind, where I left you.
I have let them both go, now. They were never mine, but borrowed objects to entertain a lost heart.

Dagger digs deep. And twists. 

A prayer for you, always.

***

And this worldly life is nothing but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the hereafter - that is the (eternal) life, if only they knew. Quran, 29:64

No comments: