Rare occasions do I get to complete all my housechores by 10:15am. It was another free weekend, one where Mika is happily entertained by his loving cousins. And I am left alone to enjoy the space, and time. It has been a while since I last watched a movie. Both of them were animations... Crickets.
I enjoy housework so much at times of unsettled thoughts. The creases in my clothes, made smooth by the hot steamy iron. I put RHCP's Californication on full blast on the docket. Jenga drifting in peaceful slumber in the living hall. I tiptoe out to see how loud I am and swiftly step back into the master. Curtains aside, I let the sunlight into the room and the calming scent of vanilla basks the morning.
The floors need scrubbing, as do the sinks. I found a neat glove that comes with a heavy duty scrubing sponge attached to it. Scrub away until the white shines through. And everything is new again... How easy that was.
I rummaged through my old jeans and took the favourite copper acrylic. An old toothbrush. In mere minutes, I made an old pair of boyfriend jeans new again. How easy that was..
It was an old pair I got at Changi International airport, the year was 2009 and it was just after Hari Raya. October to be exact. It was the perfect pair I needed.
How easy it was, to spruce up an old pair of jeans to make it last a few more years. Ramadhan is sort of like that, a short month out of twelve where God said, you know what, take a month off and remember whatever you have forgotten about Me..and the things I've promised. Obviously you have forgotten and have gone astray. I can't write much more cause I've been having a rough couple of days. Make the most of this time. I can only sense it slipping away.
How easy it was, to make your heart new?

No comments:
Post a Comment