Monday, July 12, 2010

Distort


The sky is getting heavy and grey. Patiently I wait for the light to turn green. I see buildings, and as I make my way through traffic, most of them I know from walking the route on early weekend mornings with crazy photojournalists friends of mine. I love loathe and envy them all at the same time.

Kiss me, she said. I gently stroke her cheek and gave her a peck. I wonder how she would react if she knew. I think that she knows. I shudder from the cold air seeping in from the cracked window. I took my final puff and threw away my cigarette. It hurts my shoulder to wind the window up and down each time I need to take a ciggie break.

The traffic is slowly getting on my nerves. I stole a sideway glance at her. She seems to be content, fidgeting with her necklace. I hope she does not know. I get to play pretend most of the time.

Its hard to not live the life of a liar.

No comments: