There was a period in time where I was a copy cat. It was rather recent, actually. Remember the person I was stalking-following-admiring from afar? Yeah, it was rather inspiring really. I could see which aspect of her that came across as appealing, attractive, a total bombshell.
I took snippets of her life and tried to incorporate them into mine. It was rather scary at first, which in time turned out to make me feel very sad. A lot of copying was done. From simple color schemes, to the way she accessorized - simple and understated. The pieces she'd wear, and to what kind of event she would wear them to - clean cut and chic. I personally felt that I had the same of fashion flair for colors and contrast. Staying true to myself became hard. A lot things I could not duplicate merely due to the fact that I am a tad conservative. I morphed. I had to make this style work for me.
At first it was a lot of fun, shopping for pieces that has 'ME' written all over it and then in the back of my mind I would ask, now would she wear this..? Playing pretend is kind of hard, especially if you don't have a written script or wardrobe lady to assist you.
I didn't quit cold turkey. I did it gradually. I liked the bright colors I am, the bold patterns I am, the sparkly pieces I am. I needed to stay true to myself. This discovery came across as a wake-up call. And I'm a quarter of a century old to realize that I can never be someone else. I will never have a perfect complexion, a body to die for, a knack for things unique, anything extra ordinary.
Who cares if I'm not flawless. You're special if you believe in it.
I took snippets of her life and tried to incorporate them into mine. It was rather scary at first, which in time turned out to make me feel very sad. A lot of copying was done. From simple color schemes, to the way she accessorized - simple and understated. The pieces she'd wear, and to what kind of event she would wear them to - clean cut and chic. I personally felt that I had the same of fashion flair for colors and contrast. Staying true to myself became hard. A lot things I could not duplicate merely due to the fact that I am a tad conservative. I morphed. I had to make this style work for me.
At first it was a lot of fun, shopping for pieces that has 'ME' written all over it and then in the back of my mind I would ask, now would she wear this..? Playing pretend is kind of hard, especially if you don't have a written script or wardrobe lady to assist you.
I didn't quit cold turkey. I did it gradually. I liked the bright colors I am, the bold patterns I am, the sparkly pieces I am. I needed to stay true to myself. This discovery came across as a wake-up call. And I'm a quarter of a century old to realize that I can never be someone else. I will never have a perfect complexion, a body to die for, a knack for things unique, anything extra ordinary.
Who cares if I'm not flawless. You're special if you believe in it.
4 comments:
sangat setuju with this entry, babe!
we would come to the stage where we are beautiful being individuals, being ourselves.
despite we used to adore everything what the other person does, but at one point, u would just accept who you are.
and i just love how you end this entry :)
take care!
xtaula aku beautiful ke x dgn perot berlipat2 ni? ahahaha. anyway, is this the lady that made me shrugged to you when we were in us? if yes, OH. MON. DIEU!!!! hahahahaha weiiii tolongggla i like ur fashion just the way u r. conscious yet bubbly with colours;).
along : thanks, i didnt realize other ppl would go through a copying phase like me at such a ripe age. huhu.
zarina : it was more than the fashion, sort of like, 'if i look the part, then mb i can actually become the role..' ha gitu. ok bite me.
Post a Comment