Monday, December 01, 2008

Hedonism


I am writing as I am thinking. I wanted to write about how the real world struck me hard as I made my way into the first few days of my vacation. I forgot how nice the pillow felt when I didn't have to throw it far away in the morning. Best gile siot dapat tido lame.

I came across this word in the papers one day. I thought it had something to do with the banning of my favourite challenging sport. But it actually was about the obsession of worldly delights. I am one of those people who would get caught up in spending too much or splurging once too often and when the piggy bank runs dry, I will be left to sit on my sorry arse alone on the sofa. Haha. It has always been like this for me though, regardless of whether it was when I lived on rm 1,500 during uni years or the more lavish amount I am getting now on a monthly payroll.

Some things just won't change. Like the fact that he always flirts with the girl across the counter and even plays with his speedlite-800 on her face or that he thinks that the girl who walked  by simply must have noticed how good-looking he was..or like the fact that he'd rather test his camera settings on a static ash tray and the fact that he has openly confessed that he wants to start smoking again..is somehow related to the fact that money will never be enough.

Huh, they are so related right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how is that even remotely related anyway?

oh. i guess i'm reading this wrong.

umbilical residue said...

money is evil... kan khair kan?

bijoux said...

it is related pen, think about it. haha..

siapekah umbilical ini??