We met up again, in Jalan Alor.
It is like visiting a longtime friend, the air is the same,
the decorations seem to have not changed a bit. The settled dust is removed,
from passersby and new signs are up and we are lost each time we get there.
What is the name of that stall? We can’t seem to recall.
Familiar faces, with our usual order of food.. the crowd
grows, and so does my tummy. I hide under black layers but not intentionally.
We share our wonderful news, and I absorb it all, as I
intently scrape out remaining bits of coconut flesh from the shell. An eye on
the little one, and another on my swift scraping. I swallow quickly so that I
can interrupt the conversation and laugh while it still made stupid sense. I
missed all of you guys, so much.
Later we promised to keep in touch, and shared bowls of
coconut ice cream, took photos and again become touristy in our own home..

1 comment:
one day i want to join u guys. hope time permits! u made me missing my girlfriends and u too !
Post a Comment