Mama still the fairest of them all..
I've mastered the art of cooking for one. And trying to scrape the most out of all my dying veggies inside the fridge. You came when the sun was ready to set, the sky was crimson and made everything tainted in a higher Kelvin number. I enjoy tanned skin faces and how the sun hits your eyes - makes them more dreamier and deeper for me to fall. Welcome home, sayang. It was Ramadhan 18.
Chua Boon Huat died last night of a car accident young age of 33. Nigella Lawson filed for divorce..current turn of events, none as important as your return home. Ramadhan 26 you will depart again, leaving me in a perfectly beautiful empty house. And I am reborn, into the hard shelled independent stubborn monster you have made me become.
It takes a single mom to know another single mom. I don't let it go to my head, so I try not to talk too much about it. Brushing off comments of friends in awe and reassuring my parents that I was made for this shit.
Like all other mornings you leave, it was a cold dark morning, my nose swelled from the cold airconditioning. Passport? Tickets? Short meaningless questions to the traveler. Its like a movie, and I am supposed to cry now. Right before he pulls me in for a hug. You'll be fine don't cry so much. This time its different. I refuse to cry because I'm still sleepy. And deep down, I can't put my finger on what it is about him that I am supposed to miss. Evidently, I have disconnected.
***
"And the heart of Musa's mother was free (from anxiety) she would have almost disclosed it had We not strengthened her heart so that she might be of the believers..."
28:10
Happy final days of fasting.

3 comments:
ala cian. sedeh ku baca. huhuhu... u r one strong mom and wife. =)
sobs. nak wat camne.
i feel u kakak
Post a Comment