Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I wanna be a pillionn


Do you know the song, 'I wanna win a million' by Too Phat, in their Plan B album? Listen to it, as I sing the chorus in vain when I typed up the title of this entry. The word pillion and I go way back.. And in irony too. My F who is a die-hard speed junkie knows nothing of it, and my self-proclaimed english freek has never heard of it till 2008. Of course F would not know since pillion basically would imply he'd be sharing his ride..something he would not risk unless its none other then with moi, the queen of his hearts.

I read the passenger aka pillion needs to have as much protection as the rider himself. I joke and say I will wear my neon blue workeout gloves so I have better grip when he hits the brakes. He'd probably commit suicide first before he'd let me do that though..

Its a vice, just like you smoking.. Speed kills. But death is so near you can't smell it. So whats the point of stopping them again? The point is on the day of judgemet He will ask you why you did not take better care of his greatest gift to you, your physical being. The thrill of the speed is exhilarating to the point that it scares the shitties out of me that maybe it does have some hidden hikmah that I shall never find out so openly.

***

Under the tight helmet, I can only hear myself breathe. The visor down, and the wind is muted to a gentle buzz. I can't nag at F to have pity on me as he takes the corners of AKLEH, he won't be able to hear me. I pinch him in the stomach. He pulls his left arm away from the handle and rests it on my left leg, reassuring me. I can't help but smile. In this mechanical silence, I decide to think of Him, and let Him decide how it is we shall all die.

No comments: