
On 29th January, 2011 my family were all gathered about in the furthest offset to the east of Malaysia's map. We were at Pantai Sepat, Kuantan. Awesome piece of beach strip, but the weather was not too much on my side. The wind was blowing strong to the point that our hair would whip us swiftly in the face, and the coconut trees were swaying way too much. I'm not complaining, nor was I then. It was purely how things were and I'd like you to know that.

This is what we'd call,
Majlis Bertandang..which brings the meaning of 'Visiting reception' of the bride, to the groom's house. But it not necessarily mean going to their house, can be a hall, a strip of farm or whatever we please. Nowadays, the context has been stretched out far and thin that practically anything goes!

My family stayed in a lovely horse-filled accommodation called 'The Saddle'. The beds were comfy enough, and the rest I couldn't really recall due to the commotion the horses caused in the morning. Apparently my cousins were cheeky enough to feed the horses with some
kuih bakar from the
kenduri the night before..which lead to the horses waiting at our doors for more. Naughty!

This is my family..and the pink shade was just something Faliq chose, and we went from there.

My bestie Jenga! Love her outfit..got the lacey part when I was in Jakarta..I really liked our reception here...If I may try to describe it in single word phrases..

It was rustic.

Colorful in muted tones.

Woody.

Of course with the F factor, and no more element of surprise. I can't be bothered anymore. To the extent that the lead singer of the band exclaimed in awe, " This is the first time ever that I have the bride and groom come up to take the mic with just one announcement." Pakcik. Pakcik tak kenal Faliq saya ke?

If only I could hide beneath the veil. Haha. The wind was pretty awesome. It rained a bit though, but only for a brief period. We didn't cut cake in the afternoon session..Instead we had something more fun!
Mandi Sampat. I can't seem to be well read enough to tell you what it is exactly. But its just a local tradition that involves the following elements : water,
silat, coconut cutting, more water. And wet people. Also it is tradition to have the bride wear the
kain pelikat, and the groom to don the
kain batik.

I can't recall what I had to say then. Maybe just a coy so that his ciggie will be half gone by the time I'm done whispering =p

Told ya. Water fun.

This part. I failed. Miserably!! We had to contain water in our mouths and at the same time, spray it onto our partner's face. Tsk tsk..I had water running out of my mouth. I tried to contain it, but the whole event was too funny and way too much laughing going on for me to do anything
that concentrated! Of course, Faliq sprayed me without any mercy!

Water action. My cousins could not wait any longer. See, the kids weren't even done with the martial arts part..caught red handed!

There was a plot to get my family wet..and we did do it in a good sport manner. I kept telling Faliq's relatives that if my family were pissed, they'd have left the reception long ago.

Change of clothes, and doing some more serious photography taking business in the art gallery. Many thanks to Yon and Babak of course, my official photographers for my wedding. Also a big shout to Jengga, my pengapit! Thanks for doing my make-up (yes..all by her!) and staying for the whole event.

Much love.
3 comments:
woooaaaahh!!
Penat seharian kontrol perut!!!
Nice nice picture collection!!
cantikkkk!!!!
Post a Comment