A bit back dated entry nevertheless I enjoyed my birthday thoroughly. It pains me to think that as we grow older, our birthday marks nothing but an addition of merely the number. Ever since working in this blue blooded company, no one really seems to appreciate your birthday. It passes by just like any other day so I was dumbstruck with glee the morning I saw these babies on my work desk.
My precious balloons and Zarina, the other carebear. I honestly thought she had forgotten until later the night before she texted me asking if the birthday girl is calling it an early night. Ya think? She had also repeatedly told me how the purple balloon had popped while in her tender care of blowing the balloons beneath her desk. Haha.
We did a little photo session later that evening in the yard. Only two to remind me of the day here. Thank god for iPhones and all other cool tech stuff.
Later that week I headed on home by bus and was honestly surprised when the 'Happy Birthday To You' song that played in Naili's was actually for me. I even sung along when I heard the song playing out loud on the PA system. I was that tired. I didn't even realize that the girls had already taken out their phones in preparation to video/photograph the moment. Sucker.
My birthday celebration cum Tisha's farewell..she left us to be working with a project far away in the UK. Which is pretty awesome, the fact that she gets to go there and work with her husband on the same team.
Early Saturday morning, a trip to the golf range. KDE is pretty cool compared to Setapak. I find the trees and the lake a refreshing view to the rugged and boring warehouses my eyes are used to in KSB, the place I work in. Oh and by the way, none of my balls went pass 100 yards. Tsk tsk. Key words for the day 'letting the club do its job' and also, finding your 'factor'. But the latter is rather rubbish. So scrap that.
I don't know what it is with me and getting my own self flowers lately. But it's something I seem to be doing on a regular basis. I don't mind it. Although I believe it is my inner soul rebelling against the fact that it has been ages since I've received any flowers from F. But then, he was offshore at this time of the year.There were also some things that he said in a conversation days after my birthday that seem to have bruised me deeper that I would have liked. I'll keep those to myself, loving old tradition has never been a crime by my beliefs. So, neither should celebrating a birthday ever be on an exception list.
I had a blessed day, number of days. Call it what it may be. And I need to make do with whatever it is that roll my way as being a grateful servant of Allah should never be superseded by anything ever so worldly.
Hey! I intended to blog on a chirpy note. But I guess this is the best that I could honestly do.
2 comments:
Ya make it short or long, Still read and love it nway.
Miss u birdie
adik. i miss you too. keep it positive k!
Post a Comment