Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dusted Boxes

I stacked the black bags in one corner. I smiled, pleased with myself. I had successfully sorted out the junk of newspapers, the rat poison and the 2005 edition of magazines that lined the bottom of your bedroom floor. I gathered my knees and wiped sweat from my forehead. It felt weird. I’m in your territory. But you are not here with me. Absentmindedly I chucked away an old looking pair of sunnies. Probably 10 dollars in PS. Heh. I smiled again.

I leaned at the side of the bed. Admiring the collection of big posters that spatter color on the wall. This wall is so you, I thought to myself. Amazed. I lazily let my eye roll over every inch of the dusty black walls. Wonder how you sleep here. The fan is looking at me in mockery. Yeah I’m too lazy. I know.

There was a cardboard that read, 'Creative Sign'. It hangs on the back of the yellow door. I’ve always wondered who made that for you. Ambitious to clean more, I looked on what was on top of the massive walk in closet. That resembled more of a bundle sale then it did a wardrobe storage space.

I found a pink piggy stuffed toy. Never knew you liked the color pink, I thought. Nor little piglets. Underneath Little Miss Piggie I found wads of small paper notes. Interesting. I opened one to satisfy my jealous streak. I knew who the whole box was, but I did it anyways. And I read, and read, and put my dirty finger over every single piece of paper I found in that box.

After finishing the whole chapter, I felt that it somewhat helped me fill in the missing years I was not with him.

I lifted myself off the ground, put back Little Miss Piggie in her box and went out to the kitchen to find some wet rags and a broom.

What a way to spice up spring cleaning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonder whose room you were cleaning..hmm..

bijoux said...

actually the scene i was trying to paint was tumbling over a box of goodies. not the room. kot.

Unknown said...

ye nape kau gatal shikin. kau suke centu. your curiosity killed u a few times already. When in doubt, don't look.