Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Remains of You

Sitting up here rows behind you, I see the collar of your shirt and immediately, I am able to sketch the rest of you in my mind. I never knew that catching a glimpse of you could still hold me captive. Guiltily captive? Those cotton checkered boxes in red and blue seem to dance me a slideshow of memory snippets I had with them. It felt light years ago. Until the part where we had to sing the song. The last time I sung it, I was standing next to you. I was accused of being late and you didn't want to talk to me- that is until I found out the patriotic side of you that memorized the lyrics to the university's song and we broke out in attacks of teasing. Should I smile now? Or am I guilty of blatantly walking down memory lane with someone else?

I find myself constantly walking down memory lane, maybe its a girl thing (which I doubt) but I have tonnes of reminders of him just hanging around me like last years' confetti that nobody wants to clean up. The perfume box is somewhere in her drawers, I saw them when I was borrowing the dumbells, the numerous cars. The blue one. The bronze one. Those would last me a few moments of silence. Then there are the moments when I hang out with my close friends, and the next few riffs of "Flowers in the window" are spent in a cluttered self-made mess or utter ignorance. Next track please.

I haven't really made myself deal with the remains of him. I just felt like stopping cold turkey. And just as I realize I'm starting to get all the warm and fuzzy feeling inside from seeing him, I recall the hurtful things he said to me right after the break-up. Works every time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww..

Heart-felt entry this is. Well nevertheless, I will always bid farewell with a harmful wish...

"I wish u all the luck and all the happiness in the world, that you can muster with."

Great for those that I do not want to cross path with, in the future.Hehe.

bijoux said...

we have to be careful for what we wish upon people, its probably damn straight for them to wish us the same *sigh* i am seriously suffering from my period pain.

Anonymous said...

it is never an easy task to bid adieu to someone whom we have shared bits of our lives with.

i still find it hard though..

i so love your writings kin. never fail to amaze me. i think this is my 129394th time telling you this.

bijoux said...

experience is the best teacher..or the only teacher. i think the hardest part is to let go and acknowledge that it was never meant to be..

thanks naya, now i am nervous to meet up with all u ladies.haha..silly me.

Unknown said...

Kin, just so u know, flowers in the window was a song written for a pregnant girl. But i guess it's up to u to figure out the meaning of the songs kan. It shouldn't have only 1 meaning =)

bijoux said...

phen,yes, thank you. I used to think the pregnant girl would be me one day. phm da skrang? uu.adeh.

Anonymous said...

he may be a nice guy,but he didnt finish last.cheers~

bijoux said...

pretenders hide underneath a messy facade..perhaps i am one too. im sure he wont finish last,thanks for the reassurance.

Anonymous said...

he definitely wont finish last,and ur english is so beautiful i was crossed eyed concentrating..misery definitely gave us something beautiful in its interior..wish u all the best of luck in life syg..let bygones be bygones..one day ull wake up and ull realized the confetti's been cleaned.;)

bijoux said...

im actually waiting for the day i wake up and realize something. but can't put my finger on what it is i am waiting for.

guidance.in.need.

thanks for your kind words nadia =)