Someone came up to me and said,“You’re feelings are like the el-Niño, it comes and goes and comes again, unannounced”
Which was so friggin cool because I never saw it that way. I’ve been on a daydream high lately partially due to the fact that I spent so much time doing everything but daydream and when I get the time to myself, I was stuck in a maze I made for myself to be lost in. Haha, dizzy?
***
The only reason I listen to Travis is one.
But I’ve made other discoveries lately. My roommate has long been infatuated with the following songs and gc has long since sent me the Anna-Molly track, but being the late bloomer that I might be, I decided to take a step back and enjoy them thoroughly before I commit myself to practically live in them. That’s what I do. Listen to a song, remember the melody and when I’m curious enough, I go through the lyrics and that’s when bamm! Incubus will always have me hooked. Taken from their latest album Light Grenades, I’ve chosen three songs that haunt me everyday, doing anything and everything.
#1. Love hurts
Tethered and abused
Stand naked and accused
Should I surface, this one man submarine
I only want the truth
So tonight we drink to youth
I never lose what I had as a boy
This song is pretty as it is, meant for those who feel that they can not live without love no matter what happens. Love is mystical. Half-way through you might want to give up because it feels unrequited, humiliating, degrading us of our dignity and perhaps more. This is just what I feel when I’m listening to this song. So bloody pretty. Try me, ‘cause without love I won’t survive.
#2. Dig
So when sickness turns my ego up
I know you'll act as a clever medicine.
If I turn into another
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me.
Sing this song!
Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone
Dig goes root deep to talk about moral values and how friends help one another no matter what. The love between friends goes beyond ego perks or even hidden skeletons. I dedicate this song to my good friends, you know who you are.. things have been tough between us but I know all it does is makes us stronger people. Love u to bits.
#3. Paper shoes
I'm tired of the way that it feels
I only apologized to you to make you feel better
I think I've outgrown that horsehair sweater
I'd rather be on my own
You're 'bout as reliable as paper shoes in bad weathers
But pain will roll off like water on feathers
I used to feel like this once in a relationship. Paper shoes in bad weather, all it did was beat the point of wearing them. In the end you know it was going to spoil so quick but had to put them on for the sake of it. I only apologized to you to make you feel better. I like to imagine what it must have been like to be in Boyd’s mind and come up with this. Would he have been perfect, since he knows how to depict every feeling so wonderfully picturesque in songs?
Let’s daydream some more. Perhaps I will bump into you.
2 comments:
miss bijoux mengkaji lagu yeee...
back to hitting the books now. shoo shoo!
XOXO
hep hep..hehe mengkaji lagu tatkala rase nak high through songs, incubus mmg deep la lyrics die.suke sgt.
shooing right now~
Post a Comment