Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baby blue and gray


Air ran out of my lungs and I was confused if I was supposed to exhale or take more in. Just the profile of you and already I could feel the pieces of giant concrete  walls around me crumble to the ground. A massive explosion... And quietly the world became a gentle buzz of static. I could not hear the conversation, she was complaining too much for me to bear. 

An opted blackout. 

It was just you and me in the lobby now. And as I exhaled, I let you go - again, into the bright sun.

Later that evening it poured, like the uncried tears from my eyes as I soothed the pounding ache away. 

 
The rain, darkness and a song in a minor key, was all I needed.


This party is old and uninviting,
Participants all in black and white,
You enter in fullblown technicolor,
Nothing is the same after tonight.

- incubus

No comments: