Sunday, January 05, 2014

Ice ice baby



I adjust myself in the chair, lazily I put my legs out onto his, and under my son's ignorant eyes - I weave my legs below his. I appreciate that about him - F - I mean, allowing me to put my legs up on the car's dashboard and use him to prop myself into comfort. I usually stuff my feet under his butt for warmth and comfort - you should try this with your partner for fun.

Outside the sight of snowy peaks and haggard terrain fills up the frame. This is Almaty. Located on the opposite side of the infamous Annapurna peaks and the Himalayas, Almaty bears a bit more to its geographical surface. A sudden hush of oohs and aaahs fill the air - or was that just me? As mainly the other passengers looked local.

We don our winter gear in the luggage collection area - bribing Mika with the ipad (please forgive me) and bundleling up real nice and cozy I can feel butterflies in my stomach from excitement!! Aside from the beach, I love love LOVE winter and snow!!!!!!!! Exclamated much?

I sat next to a tall Kazakstani woman who carried her baby through the gate doors like it was a christmas hamper. Gosh she was so tall and the ladies here are a beautiful cross of chinese features with siberian charm and fairness. Gawk alert. I am unaware/don't care that they are staring at my unruly and foreign presence either. The lady had a newborn with her of about 3 months. She had no reservations about openly breastfeeding her offspring while sitting in the aisle seat.

We touched down Astana and again my excitement bubble was so so so majorly ready to pop. Astana, Kazakhstan. The weather was a nice -11degC that night.

Welcome to ice-land and subzero weather!!! 

No comments: