Monday, November 11, 2013

Talk about dirty laundry



One of the dumbest thing you can ask a married person is to read this article that seems to be readily accessible online 'how to know you're not going to marry the wrong person' like serious shit? A few of my friends have actually asked me to read it and tell them what I think. Sheesh. Maybe a few of you can tolerate that kind of re-assessment post the big decision. Maybe you were set in stone. 

Sure it would be nice to know if yes he is the one or no he isn't really the one. Would you still have listened? No because the heart wants what the heart wants. And because more than you know, He has already written everything, with a reason, a purpose. Not a single thing is done in vain. You KNOW better than that.

But I guess it is only fair - since I am still surrounded by people who are still searching, still wondering if they have found the one. I felt a need to dwell on this infamous question once more.. I guess I can say a few things that are - so far - proven to have helped me keep my feet on the ground.

Be with someone that needs not changing. You will only be disappointed when they do not change to the mould you have set out for them. You know what you like so stick to it. Common interests is a baseline requirement to make any relationship work.

Communication is key. I always hear this coming out of my mouth/keypad as I cleverly share my unlived wisdom to my friends. But seriously, you should always be able to talk about things with your partner. If he isn't going to take it well, then why the heck did you marry him for? 

Maybe some people feel there should be a border or a specified time or genre of tales that can be told to the spouse. I have personally tested the boundaries of such genres and am happy to say that if I feel like telling it, I shall. And if I believe telling the story is important to me, I shall as well. My happiness is the key to the happiness of my spouse, and child.

There is no point in keeping it all locked up. There is a point however to living in pairs, the way He planned it.

And lastly, people change. But not in any way you want or not want them to. Its just part of the equation that remains unknown and uncontrollable. Change is inevitable. The only way to deal with it is with a lot of faith and always touching base to make sure your partner has not strayed away too far.

2 comments:

Ayuni A. said...

Its true what you said. I think I am getting over trying to shape my husband into what I want him to be, instead I am learning to live with our differences. Kinda easier actually. Huhu..

bijoux said...

yup..just find what works best for you and keep at it.