Saturday, November 09, 2013

Come back to center


The crack of dawn leads me to stir in bed, it is usually the time Mika will request his serving of chu-chu and - like clockwork that morning, he did. I pulled myself out of bed and with one eye closed, muster every ounce of energy into the simple concoction. Like a tired little bear, he dozes off leaving a quarter of the milk still inside the bottle - white lines softly trickling down his chubby cheeks and I smile in relief.

Seizing the moment, I tiptoe quietly out of the room after I spread out the curtains to stop the rays from piercing in. Sleep, my little prince.

Pushing open the sliding doors I softly laid down the yoga mat. Inhale in deep, and exhale in slow, controlled breaths. Tuck in my tummy. The cold wind hits my face and chest it was refreshingly calming. All I could hear were the birds and my own breath. Sun salutations and deep stretch makes me feel old and used. Need. To. Recharge. In every breath.

Once I am warmed up the motion is more fluid, more rewarding as I bend deeper into my poses and light up the nerves like crazy in shooting pain especially down my lower back as I hug my shins. Need. To. Feel. New. 

15mins is all I need, 15mins is all i have.

I slowly tune out the world now, and pretend to be lost in the green view in front of me. Only you know my story.

Feeling jovial and energized I attempt a headstand, controlling my core to not shoot up my legs too fast and fall even faster. I fall into a back bend and sway. I remember 4th grade in Dhaka - the playgrounds were enough space for us to practice tumbling. The sense of ease and achievement even if it is only a little.

And to come back to center, in every breath.  

2 comments:

Ayuni A. said...

That carpet is so cool. Where did u buy it? Haha..

And u can do a headstand? Deng, ur fit! Aku ni ntah bila nak betul2 fit haha..

bijoux said...

karpet beli dekat setiawangsa je, kedai kapet bangla =p headstand is occasional. Still working at it..