Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr.Sunshine

Nov 18th, 2012. Monkey Tree Penang

Dear Mika,

I never got around to writing my experience of labor, or giving birth to you. It is embedded in my brain - I think I wrote it down somewhere, I was too nervous and anxious when the time came. It is what made me who I am today. I did the 10k again, on your birthday. I was so happy to shave off 5 minutes of my time from the previous run.

Your face is different when you sleep, and it transforms and scrunches into another adorably cute one when you wake up. I will miss you being clingy at 3 months, and pudgy at 8. It is now time to celebrate this milestone in life, and also to celebrate the fact that I have succeeded in bringing you up with His help for the past 365 days.

Happy 1st birthday, dear child. You are definitely the apple of my eye, the glue to my marriage, and the reason to life. I do not mind you not being able to walk, or call me Mama yet, or scratch my face in affection its an awesome feeling to have you in my life by itself.

Love,
Mama.

1 comment:

Suraya said...

happy birthday handsome Mika.. I love you baby~! =)