
This picture was taken exactly a year ago, when I was away in my first school. It was a quiet Sunday morning I spent on my computer, airing out my room and going through my notes. I went downstairs and Leila was all upset because I did not tell her it was my birthday. Bashfully, I accepted her concoction of vanilla ice-cream (which was her favourite since we always had a free flow of vanilla ice-cream stocked in our fridge just inc ase we had to entertain our friends when they came over for brainstorming), cadbury chocolate sticks, fresh strawberries and topped off with drizzled thick nutella.
She practically forced me to finish the bowl off with her. Damn. There went my diet for the week. Come to think of it, a year ago I wasn’t too worked up on how much I tipped the scales at.
This year, I was asked what I had not yet achieved by 25. I felt like it was a pretty dumb question. I did not feel the urge to be encouraged to think about things I had not accomplished. I had a feeling it would lead to me being unthankful.
Last night I cried before going to sleep. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday without my usual crowd of friends. Haha, time to grow up.
But – I did get 2 rounds of cakes, complete with 25 candles!
So boo hoo, happy birthday to me.
She practically forced me to finish the bowl off with her. Damn. There went my diet for the week. Come to think of it, a year ago I wasn’t too worked up on how much I tipped the scales at.
This year, I was asked what I had not yet achieved by 25. I felt like it was a pretty dumb question. I did not feel the urge to be encouraged to think about things I had not accomplished. I had a feeling it would lead to me being unthankful.
Last night I cried before going to sleep. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday without my usual crowd of friends. Haha, time to grow up.
But – I did get 2 rounds of cakes, complete with 25 candles!
So boo hoo, happy birthday to me.
5 comments:
well, happy 25th birthday girl... buy you chillis the next time we meet in kl? =)
happy birthday kin
ko kat mana skrg? Brunei ke? Bulan 6 aku tavell pergi brunei, terus singgah blog ko nak dig archive.
May Allah bless you always
nic - its a done deal!! janji dapat seats~
babe - hey, im in kemaman now..didnt do much travelling la in brunei aritu. was mostly on the boat. but dig up dig up =)
thanks for the wishes!!
apsal aku taleh acces ur bloggy..gimme acces~!!
kin! aku br msk blog ko. sori2.. hepi belated besday weh. next month aku mungkin kene pi pmo lg. mehla tdo kt awana lg. huhu..
yeahhuuu awana here i coming everyday. hahah. sure kunaz. thanks!! hepi beday to us!!
Post a Comment