Sunday, March 04, 2007

Clean Dressings

Everyone is wounded. We were born with wounds, stenciled on to our body or we either scratch and tear easy. And you tore me the most. We are constantly hurting one another, to seek confirmation, to test our existence, to find out just how much does he love me?

Our wounds come in different shapes and sizes, we treat them differently. You're wounded too, look at how you cover it up everyday in the morning, you wake up and fake a smile. You put on a big bandage, and walk out to a brand new day. You wish. The more lies you tell yourself the deeper the wound gets, until the skin is rotten and loses hope of healing.

But I said I'd help you heal. Now I find it tiring. It drains me and makes me wonder why I didn't notice the wounds before. I left you, and started to look for someone with smaller wounds, he should be easier to look after.

I wouldn't be happy, because eventually, the smaller wound on his body will grow, I will get tired of treating it just like I did you and I am thrown back to the point where I started to judge people, based on their wounds.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

bijoux..i have a healing infected toe and the wound is small.however,i have another hidden wound the size of a tenniz court.see,the wounds u see might not be the wounds u have to tend.i think ur an extremely nice person to care about and for others,but maybe its time to treat ur wound first.put urself first.it might sound self-centered but sometimes u have to.pick me upper from me: im so proud to know someone selfless and nice as u are.;)

Fyewsha said...

can you help me heal, dear kin? ;)

bijoux said...

nadia: we are such a complex species kan. sumtimes i believe that tending to wounds other than our own, sort of serves the purpose of this life. it makes us feel needed and whole. and usually, its the wound we don't see that creates drama way later into the relationship, no?

naya: yesiree miss naya! hehe. well, at least i try. odds and ends i put together as a lame excuse of an effort. hehe. boleyy =D

Anonymous said...

yes ur so right bijoux syg..that is why we need to open ur and address every wound before it gets deep..there's a malay proverb,"luka di depan nampak,luka di hati siapa yg tahu".) eceh..hope ull be happy always n may lady luck embraces u in every minute of the day

Along said...

beautiful words again.
somehow it potrays what i'm going thru now.

thanks.

bijoux said...

nadia: eceh.hehe..thanks for the proverb, and may you have a great week ahead of you =)

along: isk, kte tak brani kaco along kat gtalk lately. hehe, ne leh kaco org tgh keje kan. its unimaginable that a lot of the things we go thru are similar to what others experience as well. smile for me.

Unknown said...

U are very complex la ashratul. This is the side of u that i've never expected. =) Oh just so u know, I am NEVER wounded. Hah!

bijoux said...

oh rilli phen? u always come to me with a self-diagnosed new wound, when really its the same bloody wound that have always been there since..her~

and to think u are never wounded.bahh =p

Unknown said...

What matters is how u deal with it. Have i ever failed to smile? =) makes u think of Rambo or Muhammad Ali or Superman.

bijoux said...

i totally dig rambo. long lasting hero. i actually felt safe whenever i watched the movie haha. you have my smile phen =) ngeeee