Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Between Dhuha and Fajr'

Post Ramadhan,  I decided to trim down my scope on understanding the Quran. I found the longer verses of the Makkaniah times too long and as Nouman Ali summarized, the message is the same, and it is being repeated just so that it could resonate in the hearts of the ummah and make it a habit - to live by the messages.

Of late, I am enjoying the mind game I play on my own, as I chose to start memorizing the shorter more prose-like verses in the shorter surahs and this time with meaning.

Why is there both a surah on the time of dhuha, as well as a time of fajr? 

I think it is for us to see that, the world offers us the best opportunity to take heed and make a living for ourselves (Ad-Dhuha), whilst if we do not be careful (Al-Fajr), we can also succumb to the worldly delights and suffer from it too. 

"He found you lost, and guided you,
He found you poor, and made you self-sufficient" (Ad-Dhuha 7& 8)

"And as for man, when his Lord tries him and (thus) is generous to him and favours him, he says, "My Lord has honored me..
But when He tries him, restricting his subsistence for him, then he says (in despair), "My Lord has humiliated me!" (Al-Fajr 15 & 16)

Anyways, just food for thought, I am still trying to make sense of this but with restricted wanderings..its always best to learn these things with a teacher so as to not go astray. Happy reflecting.



No comments: