"Morose May, go
away.
I need my
friends close so please let them stay.
But if it is
time for them to go, I pray that you will look after them well, and be kind.
Take them far
and surround them with happiness, share with them the rest of the world You
own.
Spread the
light of love and know and just know that you can come back anytime and things
will feel like nothing has changed…"
Oh who am I
kidding.
May has always been a sweet month;
my younger brother was born this time of year.
It has a feminine ring to it, May.
A number of
people are moving, around and about. It’s about that time of the season, where
we have ripened and matured – or have aged and rotted in the same spot. Would not like to be the latter, but there is
a cure for almost everything. A change will do you good. The annoying rhythm and
beat of that infamous song comes to mind.
I recall the
time when I did my first pass at the SLB interview back then in 2007 and it was
in one of the halls that was facing one of the most beloved mosque ever. The interviewer
had a piece of advice for me and it was to branch out and express myself more
to the world rather than just make the world about my boyfriend and myself. I
didn’t really think much about it at the time. I didn’t even show my real self
to him and had already made passing judgments.
Post baby
life, I realized how important it is to have people around you who are always
ready to help. Some aren’t necessarily the type to lend a helping hand literally,
but most have the intention to keep you company even if it means they will mess
up your house just as much as your kid does in the period of time spent. I must
smile. As painstakingly a bother it is at times, house chores should not see
the last of me!!
I enrolled in
a fit mob thing – there was a massive crowd of people doing the body combat
moves and I was just busy copying the dude next to me cause I was just a blank
screen when it came to this exercise. The tshirts were cool and I felt a bit
like a make believe Lara Croft or the always coveted Chun-Li (like, where are
you?!) but only to end up feeling like Marge Simpson cause I had all the dishes
to do once I arrived home.
My brain is still buzzing, with
excitement for my friends that are no longer here in town with me. You guys be
safe. It’s amazing how we never really talked even when we were here together.
But gosh, with the technology of telecommunications – it doesn’t feel that you
have left me for one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment