
October was a good month for me. I learnt that I was no longer 12 and my father could no longer look after everything that caused me trouble. I could say that I took his existence for granted. How ungrateful of me.
It struck me rather shockingly when I was hundreds of miles away from shore, on a boat pretty much begging for mercy for this promotion that has gotten me up against a wall – that I needed to talk to my father.
Ever since I took up this job, all I saw was that not everyone is as nice as you hoped them to be. Like, who are you kidding? The best advice ever is, “you being too nice is not going to get you anywhere” and then came the best comment about me, “you’re too nice for this business” haha.. what kind of fucking joke do these people take me as?
I always had thought myself to be outspoken, or at least verbally strong in laying out the facts and setting things straight. But alas, my venture for the more “Wanita Melayu Terakhir” of me has only pushed me into the opposite direction of my goals. I needed to take the damned bull by the horns, for Pete’s sake! Who is this Pete by the way?
After 10 weeks being away from home, I decided it was all I needed to make myself more humble and more humane. I fought fire with fire, but am not proud of it. This is just not me. I like to reason, not be reasonably rude. Haha.
I thougt that I already had difficult people to deal with in my life, especially at work. But I was wrong. This trip has only proven that the world is full of shitbags waiting for you to clean up their mess for them.
So cliché, but I am ready to face the world! Haha. Its been a almost a month I had last set foot on mother earth. Damn damn.
It struck me rather shockingly when I was hundreds of miles away from shore, on a boat pretty much begging for mercy for this promotion that has gotten me up against a wall – that I needed to talk to my father.
Ever since I took up this job, all I saw was that not everyone is as nice as you hoped them to be. Like, who are you kidding? The best advice ever is, “you being too nice is not going to get you anywhere” and then came the best comment about me, “you’re too nice for this business” haha.. what kind of fucking joke do these people take me as?
I always had thought myself to be outspoken, or at least verbally strong in laying out the facts and setting things straight. But alas, my venture for the more “Wanita Melayu Terakhir” of me has only pushed me into the opposite direction of my goals. I needed to take the damned bull by the horns, for Pete’s sake! Who is this Pete by the way?
After 10 weeks being away from home, I decided it was all I needed to make myself more humble and more humane. I fought fire with fire, but am not proud of it. This is just not me. I like to reason, not be reasonably rude. Haha.
I thougt that I already had difficult people to deal with in my life, especially at work. But I was wrong. This trip has only proven that the world is full of shitbags waiting for you to clean up their mess for them.
So cliché, but I am ready to face the world! Haha. Its been a almost a month I had last set foot on mother earth. Damn damn.
3 comments:
exactly. Who the hell is Pete??
heard from somewhere that "pete" here refers to st peter... "for pete's sake" is used instead of "for god's sake" since using god's name in vain is considered blasphemous...
not sure how true this is though... =P
kupen: kan.
nic: thanks nic, i think it came about from st peter as u mentioned. but its just one of the things we say/hear sometimes and not bother thinking about it. hehe.
Post a Comment