Friday, May 11, 2007

5th Year Annyversary

5th May, 2002 - 5th May, 2007

Its been 5 years since I first step foot here on UTP ground. The days has passed me by so quickly I feel cheated, relieved and sad all at once.

Sometimes I'd be having lunch with sara and we'd bitch in a reminiscing-let's laugh at it manner about people and how they were like during the special semester and compared them to how they carry themselves now. Some things changed, while others remained the same. Thats when I sit wondering how much I have changed as a person, has it been good, bad or is it possible to not change at all?

Alone with myself, I'd think of all the people who entered and left my life in graceful, if not otherwise hurtful ways. Do they still think of me too? I have always loved the view I get from my room window. In Village 3, I'd spend hours just sitting, observing people waiting patiently for their loved ones to come and pick them up. Some boyfriends were always late, I'd recongnize the late cars. Whilst others would always end up waiting for their girlfriends for hours. I know their plate numbers too. Hawhaw. Guess which one I was in?

When in Village 5, I started adopting the habit of waking up real early. I'd pretend the trees are accompanying me and we await the rise of the sun together. I'm going to miss the trees. Although they spook me so when I am jogging alone out in the back.

In just a mere 2 weeks I will have to part to all this that has been my home of 5 years. I know I will be miserable. But the familliar plate numbers that I know have been decreasing. They have left me here alone. And now, it is my turn to leave and make room for all the other new players coming into the scene.

So I brace myself for the bittersweet adieu to come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bittersweet feeling of an undergraduate who will be graduating soon..wonder if this is what the kakaks and abgs seniors talk about..all the memories will come rushing back and we will appreciate uni life more?will i feel this way?(hugs bijoux).its beautifully written.kenapa saya emo di sini.;p a new life awaits bijoux..it is inevitable

Fyewsha said...

throughout the course of my entire education history, i loved my university days the most. it was where i found the meaning of soulmates, true friendship, enemies, and everything else needed to equip myself for the 'new world' as i called it.

im sure ud miss uni life an aweful lot.

but wat i know is i miss u even more! hihihi! bila mau ke KL?

bijoux said...

kepzen: =( back

nadia: yupp, so kire uve got so much to look foward to and then it all abruptly stops. kills u everytime babe. take lotsa pictures!!time 1st year dlu tak ramai ade digicam..haha and da sploh kali reformat pc so da tade da gamba zaman2 innocent itu

naya-bz-bee: kamu sibuk g interview? watpe eh naya. yeah uni life rocks like crazee. new world better be full of it too or else im gonna die of boredom/poverty memane dtg dlu la.

i will reside permanently in KL pas graduate ntih. sobb. time tu lepak mamaks je yg mampu haha

Anonymous said...

oh my ! i have to start taking pictures and remembering every details ! like u said,not much have cams and we dont really see the importance of hanging out n keeping tokens of memories !

Anonymous said...

yeah i miss my college/uni days... uhuhuhuhu if only i could turn back times... i wanna go back to nz or perth :(

Along said...

kenangan terindah di uni.

sigh~
even when the uni sgt isolated.
but those were the days =)

chin up & be happy~
take lotsa pictures!

Remi said...

stiap sentence dalam post aku bayangkan..waaa..terasa nya ~~

bijoux said...

nadia: aah, cam tgk2 pictures zaman dlu2 cam klaka je..keep em safe in another partition of the haddisk ya hehe

naddy: ur case is harder eh..kne save up a sum baru leh g visit balik. sure lg rindu sbb its not here in msia

alongs: isolated uni? remember the building pon jadik la kan. hehe.

remii: aah.sedeh gile da neh. lg seminggu je lg.